We get it, every couple wants their wedding day to be perfect and for good reason, it’s one of the most important days of a couple’s life together (not to mention a pretty big investment!).
For all the couples reading this, we’re talking straight to you. It’s easy to get swept up after your engagement, not knowing when or how to start planning your big day. We’ve put together a few must-follow tips to keep you loved up, organised, smiling and in control.
- Don’t rush yourselves – try not to put too much pressure on setting firm dates if you can. The more time and space you can give yourselves the better. Rome wasn’t built in a day, right!? As a guide, we recommend working a minimum of 12-18 months in advance to plan your wedding day.
- Talk about your budget – this is a big one and something that often gets overlooked at the start. No matter who is contributing or whether you are funding your wedding day yourselves, it’s definitely worth sitting down and nutting this out at the start.
- Tackle one thing at a time – start with the two big decisions first, the date and venue and the rest will fall into place. What are the next three most important things to you? Perhaps a dress, photographer/videographer and flowers to start. One thing at a time!
- Ask for help – if only one of your bridesmaids was a wedding planner! Don’t despair, if you can’t afford a wedding planner, we recommend you check out Wedding Wire and delegate what you can to those you love and trust. Simples!
- Don’t stress – you can’t plan for the unexpected so try not to stress about things you can’t control (like the weather for instance!). Reduce any worry or stress by taking out wedding insurance to cover your big day. We can help, have a look at our packages!
- Stick together – always have each other’s backs, no matter what your family or friends are telling you. This is the start of your life together, it’s a celebration of your love for one another so don’t allow anyone to interfere with that.
- Enjoy every minute – we’re not just talking about the big day either, try to enjoy the lead up to your big day. Take some meditation classes solo or with your partner, lock in some dates (where you don’t talk about the wedding!) and remember to breathe and take it all in.